Maybe you just feel like having just one glass of sangria (are you feeling ok?), suddenly had a sangria craving, or if you’re like me it’s more likely that you didn’t plan a head and don’t feel like waiting 4 hours for the flavours to infuse…it was the last weekend of summer and I forgot to plan a sangria!! How could this happen?? I don’t think I/we missed a Sangria Sunday all summer long!
Either way the easiest way to get a good sangria fast (and even in single serving portions!) is a couple citrus fruits, a shot of orange liqueur, and some wine (duh). The trick to getting great flavour out of this recipe is juicing the end slices of each fruit that you use into your glass.
single serving sangria in a snap
- glass of wine of your choosing
- 2 citrus fruits (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit)
- 1/4 oz Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- optional: club soda or lemon-lime soda
- Slice 2 citrus fruits of your choosing (whatever is in the fruit bowl!)
- Squeeze the juice out of one end bit of each fruit into your wine glass then add 1-2 slices of each fruit into your glass
- Add 1/4 oz of Triple Sec or whichever orange liqueur you have on hand
- Top with your favourite wine and stir
- Add ice, and if you’re looking for something a little less potent top with club soda or lemon-lime soda