I can’t resist a good appetizer! So I’m thinking about adding the occasional “Foodie Friday” post on here, cause you can’t go wrong with drinks AND snacks right?
Bacon, cream cheese AND jalapeños? Does it get any better? My only tip on this recipe is don’t skimp on the cream cheese because I found a lot of it absorbed into the pastry and mine ended up a little dry the first time.
bacon, jalapeño & cream cheese pinwheels
- 1 can of Pillsbury Dough Sheet (or crescent rolls if you can’t find it)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tbsp. diced jalapenos (to taste)
- 6 slices crisp bacon, diced or crumbled
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, bacon and jalapenos together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Roll out crescent roll dough and spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the dough.
- Roll dough lengthwise and cut into 3/4″ slices and place 2″ apart on a foil lined cookie sheet. Top with shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until dough begins to brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve.