We’re up at the cottage and I got a text from the girls today saying “bring sangria to the beach. ASAP!” I was like I’m already on it! But wait, how am I going to get a pitcher of sangria down a flight and a half of stairs, down the hill to the dock, on a speed boat, a short walk through the water, and onto the beach with out spilling? MASON JARS! (Which btw I love and are a favourite jumbo sized drinking vessel up here at the lake.) And they worked perfectly! Each jar held exactly a half batch of sangria so of course I made two.
mason jar sangria
- 1/2 bottle of white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
- 1 1/2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1 oz Grand Marnier
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Add all ingredients except the lemon-lime soda into a mason jar (squeeze the juice out of the lemon ends!)
- Fill to the top with lemon-lime soda, stir and replace lid
- Refrigerate 2 hours
- Take it to go and serve dockside!