Ok so no one is winning any photography awards this week, but we certainly did enjoy this sangria! Perhaps the poor photography is due to the potency of this drink!!
The girls and I did a remote happy hour… With the two of them in Canada and the two of us in the US we made the same sangria and did a long distance cheers. The results: a good old fashioned day-drunk.
sparkling strawberry sangria
- 750ml bottle of dry white wine
- 750ml bottle of sparkling wine
- 1/2 cup of strawberry schnapps
- 1/2-1 cup of strawberries, halved
- lemon-lime soda (optional)
- Halve strawberries and place into pitcher
- Add white wine and strawberry schnapps
- Stir and place in refrigerator for 2-4 hours
- Fill champagne glass half full with sangria mixture and top with champagne.
**If you would like to decrease the potency top with champagne and lemon-lime soda to taste.